Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hospitality and Friendship

Dear Phyllis,
Bob and I want to wish you every happiness in the years yet to come. Although we've met only twice and very briefly, your hospitality and friendship will be always remembered. You were so kind in fielding my phone calls during the difficult time when Marilyn was ill and we were so far away. I recall that, to celebrate her birthday, you treated Marilyn to breakfast in the little cafe in Yucca Valley. You didn't feel well and I drove you home in your car. You seemed surprised that I could actually drive a stick shift! Not too many of us left. Continue savouring life .... and keep up with your watercolours!

Pat and Bob AdamsBowen Island, BCPS

(I sent my recent watercolour featuring Asian pears and my mother's Swatow lace.)

No comments:

Post a Comment