Sunday, March 1, 2009

Norma Rae


Wish I had more pictures to share, but the 2 I've attached are rather special to me and reflect a couple aspects of Phyllis's many interests. The one, Phyllis as protester, was taken at an event where Los Angeles Mayor Villaraigosa was speaking. We were protesting the high transmission power lines that the Los Angeles utility wants to put through the desert. The other picture was taken at a docent meeting at Big Morongo Canyon Preserve where Phyllis is a docent. This is special to me as it is as a docent that I was so fortunate to first meet my most special friend Phyllis.

Dear Phyllis,

Hope your birthday is as beautiful and amazing as you are. Little did I know when I first saw you at Big Morongo, and immediately knew you were someone I wanted to get to know, that you would turn out to be such a very special friend. Our friendship has enriched my life immensely, and I treasure our conversations, which you instill with such thoughtfulness, intelligence, understanding and downright fun. May you be blessed with much love, companionship, good health, and equanimity in the years going forward from your 70th birthday.

Luv ya, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment